TOKYO, May 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies including green computing, will participate in the annual Japan IT Week Data Center exhibition being held at Tokyo Big Sight, Japan, May 10-12. Supermicro will showcase Embedded, IoT, Enterprise and Data Center solutions in Booth E33-1.
The Data Center exhibition provides IT professionals the opportunity to experience new products that Supermicro has introduced this year. BigTwin is the fifth generation of Supermicro's evolutionary Twin architecture. It provides massively improved performance-per-watt, per-dollar, and per-square-foot as well as hot-swap U.2 NVMe. BigTwin is targeted for cloud, big data, enterprise, hyper-converged, IoT and HPC workloads that demand maximum performance, efficiency and flexibility. MicroBlade has been adopted for leading edge, power efficient (1.06 PUE) data centers. The MicroBlade system represents an entirely new type of computing platform that provides increased density and power efficiency. Also on display will be storage systems and motherboards for embedded and IoT applications.
"We are redefining enterprise and cloud performance with our leading edge NVMe storage systems delivering 5x higher IOPs and 4x latency improvements," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our MicroBlade and SuperBlade systems bring unmatched efficiency with up to 86% improvement in system cooling infrastructure for energy conscious, high-density data centers."
New products on display this year include:
- MicroBlade®, an entirely new type of data center computing platform. It is a powerful and flexible extreme-density 6U/3U all-in-one total system that features 28/14 hot-swappable MicroBlade Server nodes supporting 28/14 of the newest dual-node Intel® Xeon® Processor UP system configurations with up to 2 SSDs/1 HDD per node. In addition it supports high density 1G and 10G switches to meet different bandwidth requirements for different workloads with support for integrated battery backup. This MicroBlade architecture includes server, networking, storage, and unified remote management for Cloud Computing, Video Streaming, Content Delivery, Social Networking, Desktop Virtualization and Remote Workstation applications.
- BigTwin™ delivers the highest performance and efficiency in a 2U 4-node platform that supports the widest TDP range of CPUs (up to 205 watts), fully exploits all memory channels with 24 DIMMS per node and 24 All-Flash NVMe drives.
- 8U SuperBlade with up to 20 half-height 2-socket blade servers, up to 10 full-height 4-socket blade servers. The SBE-820C chassis is primarily targeted for HPC applications and supports one 100G EDR IB or Omni-Path switch, up to 4 Ethernet (1G, 10G, 25G) switches. The chassis SBE-820J supports up to 4 Ethernet switches for 1G and 10G or 2 Ethernet switches with 25G and two Ethernet switches with 1G or 10G.
- 4U SuperBlade with up to 14 half-height 2-socket blade servers or up to 28 nodes, up to 2 Ethernet (1G, 10G, 25G) switches and up to 4 (N+1 or N+N redundant) 2200W Titanium Level (96%) digital power supplies.
- The 1U and 2U Supermicro Ultra SuperServers provide scalability for Virtualization Hosting, Cloud Computing, Data Centers and High Frequency Trading. The Supermicro SuperSever product line is designed to deliver unrivaled performance, flexibility, scalability, and serviceability that is ideal for demanding Enterprise workloads.
- 2U, 3U and 4U SuperStorage solutions in both JBOD and active storage configurations that support 24/40 NVMe drives or 60/90 SATA drives that are optimized for Microsoft, VMWare, RedHat and Software Defined Storage solutions. Data transfer rates can be as high as 20GB/s for NVMe solutions. These systems offer a fully redundant, fault-tolerant architecture with hot swappable drive bays, power supplies and cooling fans. The active-active capable JBOD hardware is perfect for mission critical applications.
- 2U TwinPro™ architecture builds on Supermicro's proven Twin technology to provide the greatest and highest throughput storage, networking, I/O, memory, and processing capabilities allowing customers to further optimize Supermicro solutions to solve their most challenging IT requirements. Optimized for high-end Enterprise, HPC cluster, Data Center, and Cloud Computing environments, the Supermicro TwinPro™ Solutions are designed for ease of installation and maintenance with the highest quality for continuous operation at maximum capacity. The resulting benefit is best TCO for customers seeking the greatest competitive advantage from their data center resources.
- SuperStorage Bridge Bay (SBB) features a fully redundant, fault-tolerant "Cluster-in-a-box" system. Optimized for mission-critical, enterprise-level storage applications, the SBB supports Hot-swap SAS HDDs with the option to expand by using the SBB JBOD. The Super SBB provides hot-swappable canisters for all active components. With heartbeat and data connection between the Server via the mid-plane, if one server fails, the other is able to take control and access the HDDs (both controllers can also work as Active-active mode), keeping the system up and running.
- Omni-Path 100G 48-port TOR network switch (SSH-C48Q/-C48QM) provides 100Gbps using the Intel® Omni-Path Architecture (Intel® OPA). It provides a unique HPC cluster solution offering excellent bandwidth, latency and message rate that is highly scalable and easily serviceable.
- Embedded and IoT motherboards that support the latest CPUs as well as legacy interfaces. Applications include: Communications, Storage Appliances, Digital Signage, Digital Security and Surveillance, Gaming and Entertainment, Industrial Automation, Medical Instrumentation and Devices, as well as Defense and Aerospace
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor support. These systems achieve higher parallel processing capability with Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel® MIC Architecture) based on Intel® Xeon Phi™ processors. Unified with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor family utilizing common instruction sets and Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor's multiple programming models for HPC, engineering, scientific and research fields including financial analysis, oil/gas simulation, code optimization, 3-D rendering and chemistry applications.
More information on Supermicro products can be found at: http://www.supermicro.com
About Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market. For more information please visit http://www.supermicro.com.
Supermicro, SuperServer, SuperBlade, MicroBlade, BigTwin, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Intel, Xeon, Optane, Xeon Phi and Atom are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/supermicro-showcases-enterprise-it-solutions-at-japan-it-weeks-data-center-expo-2017-300452440.html
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.