High-density Pascal SXM2/PCIe GPU and Xeon Phi™ processor Platforms Optimized for HPC and Deep Learning Applications
SALT LAKE CITY, Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in compute, storage, and networking technologies and green computing has announced the unveiling of its new BigTwin™ server architecture in booth 1717 at SC16 from November 14-17.
The BigTwin is the fourth generation of Supermicro's breakthrough Twin architecture that provides massively improved performance-per-watt, per-dollar, and per-square-foot as well as hot-swap U.2 NVMe. The BigTwin is a 2U rackmount server available in either two or four node models. Each node supports all of the following: 24 DIMM of ECC DDR4-2400MHz and higher for up to 3TB of memory; flexible networking with SIOM add-on cards with quad/dual 1GbE, quad/dual 10GbE/10G SFP+, dual 25G, 100G, FDR and EDR InfiniBand options; 6 hot-swap 2.5" NVMe / SAS3 / SATA3 drives; 2 PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots; M.2 and SATADOM; high-efficiency, high-density power stick technology; and DP Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4/v3 product families up to 165W and 200W. Sold as a complete system for highest product quality, delivery, and performance, the BigTwin is supported by Supermicro IPMI software and
Global Services, and is optimized for HPC, data center, cloud, and enterprise environments.
"Innovation is at the core of Supermicro product development and benefits the HPC community with first-to-market integration of advanced technology such as our 1U with four and 4U with eight Pascal P100 SXM2 GPUs or 4U with ten PCI-e GPU systems, hot-swap U.2 NVMe, upcoming fabric technologies like Red Rock Canyon and PCI-E switches, as well as new architecture designs like our new high-density BigTwin system design," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our total end-to-end solutions offer exactly the best deployment options for supercomputing clusters, delivering maximum performance per watt, per square foot, and per dollar."
Other leading products on display include the company's 3U MicroBlade, Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor-based 4-node 2U server and tower workstation, 1U and 2U all-flash NVMe systems, high-density SuperStorage servers and JBOD, FatTwin™ systems, 7U SuperBlade®, along with the next-generation dual Intel Xeon processor-based X11 motherboards.
- 3U/6U MicroBlade - features leading, high density (0.2U) 196 Xeon E5-2600v4/v3 DP MicroBlade servers per 42U rack, 10G switch with 40G uplinks; designed with superior advantages over other industry-standard architectures with all-in-one total solution, ultra high density and low power consumption, best performance per watt and per dollar, high scalability, and the best ease of service. The MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate a Chassis Management Module, and up to two 10G, 2.5G or 1GbE SDN switches in 3U or up to two Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4 SDN Switches in 6U for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 4 or 8 redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%+) power supplies with cooling fans
- 1U 4 Pascal GPU solution with NVLink - SuperServer 1028GQ-TXR(T), supports 4 Nvidia Tesla P100 SXM2 GPUs with NVLINK up to 80GB/s, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v4/v3 processors, 3 PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots for high-speed networking cards with support for GPUDirect RDMA
- 4U 8 Pascal GPU solution with NVLink - SuperServer 4028GR-TXR(T), supports 8 Nvidia Tesla P100 SXM2 GPUs with NVLINK up to 80GB/s, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v4/v3 processors, 3 PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots for high-speed networking cards
- SuperServer 4028GR-TR2(T) - 4U server that supports up to 10 Nvidia Tesla P100 GPU cards under a singl-root complex, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v4/v3 processors, additional PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots for networking cards with RDMA support
- SuperServer 5028TK-HTR - is a 2U 4-Node server supporting the new Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor with integrated or external Intel® OPA fabric options; it is a highly optimized Intel Xeon Phi processor system for the HPC market, supporting four Intel Xeon Phi processors
- SuperWorkstation 5038K-i - is a tower workstation based on the new Intel® Xeon Phi™ processor intended for designers wishing to develop applications for this exciting new processor/networking option
- 1U 10 All-Flash NVMe - 10 hot-swap 2.5" NVMe SSDs, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v4/v3 processors, 384GB DDR4 in 24 DIMMs, and quad 10GbE ports
- 2U 40 Dual-port NVMe All-Flash SuperStorage Solutions - A 2U 40 dual-port, dual-controller, all- NVMe system supporting up to 30GB/s per system throughput via Intel 100G Omni-Path networking, unrivaled in the industry. Benefits include largest improvements in throughput (up to 12x) and latency (up to 7x), shared common backplane that improves flexibility of drive choice, 2.5" U.2 (SFF-8639) form factor for improved hot-swap serviceability vs. PCI-E Flash cards, and improved power efficiency. Supermicro server solutions with NVMe target HPC, Energy, 3D modeling and graphical design, HFT, Database, Search Engine, High Security Encryption, and VDI in cluster and supercomputing applications; in Cloud, Virtualization, and Enterprise environments.
- 7U SuperBlade® - Advantages include maximum density with 20 DP nodes in 7U, affordability, reduced management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, and high scalability. Modules support latest Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v4 product family and are available with 20 Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor or GPU Blades with Pascal and KNL support; 2 coprocessor cards per blade server (SBI-7128RG-X/-F/-F2), 3 GPU per blade server (SBI-7127RG3), Data Center Blade (SBI-7428R-C3N, SBI-7428R-T3N), TwinBlade® (SBI-7228R-T2F/-T2F2/-T2X), Storage Blade with NVMe support (SBI-7128R-C6N) solutions. Chassis feature industry's only hot-swap NVMe solutions, hot-plug switch modules supporting InfiniBand FDR/QDR, 10/1 GbE, FCoE, chassis management module (CMM) and redundant 3000W/2500W/1620W (N+1, N+N), hot-swap Platinum Level digital power supplies.
- Next-generation dual Intel Xeon processor-based X11 Motherboards
For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, please visit www.supermicro.com.
Follow Supermicro on Facebook and Twitter to receive their latest news and announcements.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI)
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Intel, Xeon and Xeon Phi are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.